Feb 29th – Your “Extra Day”
This does not include birthdays, kids’ parties and helping your kids to learn.
When we bought our new 2012 diary and calendar, we filled-in all those blank pages with neat writing in a nice pen. Some of us Organised Mums even like different colours and little stickers!
Where ARE those stickers anyway?
Take a breath … this can all be solved more easily than you would think.
- Find a morning (or evening if that’s more convenient) and invite some pals over. (Sounds counter-intuitive right? Why would I want to tidy-up and bleach the bog when I have so much to do? Bear with me …)
- Tidy ONE room (by kicking everything into the cupboard under the stairs) bleach the loo and buy some biscuits.
- Invite your pals over for an hour and make sure you all bring your diaries. (Someone has to know when it’s Sports Day – right?)
- Invite The Book Mums and your friendlly neighbourhood Phoenix Trader over and get it sorted!
- Enjoy your new found Domestic Goddess status with a card and gift ready for every occasion.
If you are still feeling like that would only cross one thing off your list, check out www.FlyLady.net for some great daily inspiration to get back on track. The habit for February is to de-clutter for 15 mins a day. As she is fond of saying:
“your clutter came into the home one bag at a time, and that is the way it is going to leave!”
Happy Leap Year everyone. If you found this useful, please consider sharing it with your friends.